Hill of Oaks Holiday Park, Windermere
About the Job:
- Contract: Fixed Term to 6 January 2022 (available for immediate start)
- Hours: 40 hours per week to include some weekend working
- Rate of Pay: £8.91 per hour
The Maintenance Operative will engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance of the site, including general repairs and maintenance of caravans, lodges, self-catering units, amenity buildings and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Operative’s duties and responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- A wide range of tasks connected with the general maintenance and health & safety checks of self-catering accommodation.
- Contribution to the upkeep of the park which may include grass cutting, strimming as well as more general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is always attractive and well-presented.
- Ensuring that all reported maintenance jobs are attended to promptly.
- Performing related administrative tasks as required.
- Assisting with the delivery of bottled gas and other operational activities as required.
- Always delivering a high standard of customer service
- Working in a safe manner, raising any health & safety concerns immediately
- Contributing to successful team working and undertaking any other tasks as required from time to time.
Hours of Work
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week on a flexible basis. This means that your days and hours of work could vary each week and will be advised in advance by rota. Your working hours will include some weekends and public / bank holidays on a rota basis.
The Maintenance Operative will demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- An appreciation for the need for high standards, excellent customer service and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- A flexible, focused and self motivated approach
- Effective time management skills
- A full, clean driving licence is a requirement of the role as it is necessary to drive various vehicles.
- Evidence of the Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the employment term must be provided at interview.
The Maintenance Operative will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and will no have no direct reports.
- Wage: £8.91 per hour
- Contract Type: Fixed term to 6 January 2022
- Holiday: 28 working days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of statutory public holidays
- A series of staff discounts and benefits available across our group of businesses.
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application