We are OPEN for pre booked Holiday Home sales appointments - Bookings being take now for NEW holiday bookings
Hill of Oaks Park is Open
Welcome back, we missed you all! “Business is Unusual” so please bear with us as we welcome you back to the Park with new safety measures in place. We are delighted to announce that we are now open for holiday home owners and are accepting new holiday bookings. We are open for Holiday Home sales but you must pre-book an appointment. We are experiencing a large volume of calls and emails so please bear with us and we will get back to you asap.
We place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members. We have strengthened our health and safety measures to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with Government guidelines.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive at the Park and others require patience and consideration from all of our customers to help ensure that everyone maintains social distancing. If you are unsure about any aspect of these measures, please contact the Park Manager.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we re-open whilst operating under these new procedures/ guidelines and we request you are kind and considerate to your fellow guests on park, our team and the local community.
- We are now open for Holiday Home Owners, Sales Appointments, and new holiday bookings
- All of our facilities will re-open in a phased manner and it is essential social interaction is practised in line with current social distancing rules. Your holiday home should be used by you and your immediate family and any social gatherings in holiday homes of other parties not part of your immediate “social bubble” are not permitted – please see government guidelines below;
- We are open for Holiday home sales - viewings are by appointment only.
- We will be retaining your contact data under NHS Test and Trace regulations. Please let us know if you wish to opt out.
In addition to essential 2m social distancing and hand sanitising, the following measures will be in place.
- The following areas will re-open in a phased manner: Reception, Laundry, Toilets and Shower Facilities and Children’s Play Area.
- Reception will be manned with limited hours. We will accept orders and payments over the phone for gas 015395 31578
- If assistance is required please contact 015395 31578.
- The Park shop will be open along with the new Bistro with limited hours and availability of merchandise and takeaway only for the Bistro. There will access restrictions and distancing signage in place. Please follow the guidance and signage if visiting the shop.
- Please observe signage throughout the Park and adhere to social distancing measures at all times.
- Please observe the countryside code when out walking and use hand gel for gates or similar touch points.
- Be considerate and wash hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Use hand sanitizer stations that are located outside reception, the toilets, the laundry and refuse deposit areas.
- We will be strengthening all of our cleaning and health and safety routines.
- Staff will be wearing PPE for certain tasks.
- In the event you feel unwell whilst on the Park, or are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid19 please let us know and make arrangements to return home. If you are unwell and exhibiting any symptoms of Covid19 whilst at home, please do not visit the Park.
- We recommend that the water system in your holiday home is flushed out for a minimum of 2 minutes to discharge any water that will have remained in your water pipes during the closed period.
- Due to the current Covid 19 restrictions , there is no Windermere Lake Cruises public ferry service operating from our jetty to Lakeside until further noticePlease note we have no storage or moorings available for boats for touring or holiday let customers
- Kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, inflatable rafts and any other small size portable vessel / rafts can be brought on site so long as these are kept within the customer's vehicle (i.e. roof racks etc) or within their holiday accommodation or pitch.
- No charges apply for launching /accessing jetties.
Please Read if you have booked a holiday or booked a touring pitch with us;
If you feel unwell please or have any Covid19 related symptoms, you must contact us before your holiday start date and we will transfer your holiday to a later date. If you become unwell during your holiday or stay with us, you must inform us as soon as is practicable and make arrangements to return home thereafter. If your holiday is cancelled in this instance and cannot be completely fulfilled, we will either re-book an additional booking at a later time, subject to availability or partially refund the cost of the remaining holiday. Please note, in addition;
- Whilst staying with us, all of our park facilities will remain closed and it is essential social interaction is practised in line with current social distancing rules. Your holiday accommodation should be used by you and members of your booking party only. This includes your own touring caravan, campervan or motorhome. Any social gatherings in holiday accommodation, touring caravans, campervans or motorhomes, of people not part of your immediate “social bubble” are not permitted – please see government guidelines below;
We respectfully ask that these conditions are observed and reserve the right to ask you to vacate the pitch or accommodation and leave the park in the event that any social distancing or any measures designed to inhibit the spread of the virus are not followed. Our aim is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members and in the event any persons are asked to leave the park no refunds will be issued.
- Please note that many hospitality businesses and attractions will be operating under similar conditions. We advise customers to check with them before you visit.
Our Local Community
We encourage our customers to have as little impact on the local community as possible as we re-open the Park. We ask you to bring as much of what you need to enjoy your time on the Park as possible so that any contact or impact on the community is minimised. This is of course in contrast to how would usually encourage our customers to support the local shops and facilities around the park. However, we are mindful of the impact that this had locally and the concerns they may have about a second wave of the virus. As restrictions are relaxed and things return to normal, this will not be as necessary but we ask that as we re-open, customers are as considerate as possible of the local community.
Holiday Home Sales
- Holiday home sales viewings will be by appointment only. Please contact us directly to arrange a timed appointment on 015395 31578.
- Extra measures have been put in place on sales appointments, these include: pre & post viewing sanitization of sales caravans, social distancing measures, separate sales consultation area and pre & post sanitization of consultation that area. Where possible, consultations will take place outdoors.
- Holiday Home sale units will be cleaned after each viewing and windows will be opened.
We would like to say a massive thank you for all your continued support throughout this difficult time. Please be kind and considerate to others and most of all stay safe.
Please view our Covid19 risk assessment here
What happens if I feel unwell whilst on the Park, or are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid19?
We ask that you please let us know and make arrangements to return home ASAP.
What happens if I feel unwell before my visit or are exhibiting any Covid19 symptoms?
Please stay at home and re-schedule your visit to a time when you are not exhibiting any symptoms.
I am a holiday home owner can I invite extended family or friends to use my holiday home?
We are asking our owners to limit use of their Holiday Homes to themselves and not to extended members of their families or friends.
Will the children’s play area open?
We will start to re-open our facilities in a phased manner before the 17th of July.
How do I book a sales appointment?
Please call 015395 31578 and we’d be happy to suggest a convenient time to visit and view.
Should I wear a facemask?
In line with the BBC news reports that the government are to enforce face coverings in retail premises from 24th July, we are asking guests to be prepared to have to wear a mask when using those facilities on site, during their stay. We are waiting for clear guidance from the government which we hope to update once it is released.
Friday 17th of July 2020
Back to Latest News